A stepping stone to international experiences
International mobility is a priority for the school which offers nearly 50 destinations on 5 continents to all the students who apply for a placement.
The acceptance of foreign students at ESIEA is another example of the internationalisation of the courses. There are more than 22 nationalities at ESIEA.
This priority of international exposure prepares the students for their future profession in an international context and enables them to be at ease in a multi-cultural environment and to communicate in several foreign languages.
Effective methods (multimedia laboratories, streamed language classes, small groups) for sound language training (English is compulsory and up to two other foreign languages are taught by mother tongue teachers).
A successfully completed foreign experience of at least 2 months, either academic, professional or humanitarian, is required to validate the degree.
The opportunity to prepare a double degree: BSc and MSc or spend six months abroad with one of the school’s affiliated partners: more than a dozen Erasmus destinations in Europe; 35 agreements with establishments in the rest of the world.
Studying abroad right from the first year!
Studying abroad enriches the student’s educational pathway, improves the possibility of mastering another modern language, allow students to meet new people and to discover different cultures.
The University of Glyndwr in Wales offers an opening for students from the first year at ESIEA to follow a course of training in CISCO computing networks.
Mobility thanks to ERASMUS and CREPUQ
These programmes allow students to spend a semester or more at a partner university.
• In Germany: Nuremberg, Bremen and Bielefeld
• In Spain: Madrid and Saragossa
• In Finland: 2 university partners in Helsinki
• In Great Britain: Glyndwr (Wales) and ARU at Chelmsford (England)
• In Hungary: Budapest
• In Italy: Ancona
• In the Netherlands: Hogeschool van Amsterdam
In total there are 20 universities in Canada participating in our exchange programme:
• Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal
• Concordia University
• Quebec University Trois Rivières, etc.
The possibility of obtaining a double degree abroad
At the end of the fourth year all ESIEA students have the opportunity to spend a year abroad in order to obtain a double degree such as Master of Science, Master of Business or Master of Managment.
The students have access to the following countries:
• Australia: University of Queensland (Brisbane); Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane); University of Sydney; Macquaire University; University of Melbourne; Curtin University of Technology (Perth).
• China: Tongji University Shanghai
• U.S: IIT Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago); CSUS California State University (Sacramento).
• Great Britain: University of Plymouth
• New Zealand: University of Auckland; University of Waikato; University of Canterbury; Victoria University of Wellington.
• Japan: University of Tokyo, etc.
11% of young graduates from ESIEA are working abroad.